Applying for the grant of probate, collecting and distributing the assets
The costs will depend on individual circumstances of the matter and the below fees are provided to you as guidance. We will give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information taking into account all factors such as properties, beneficiaries and bank accounts.
Estates under £1.2 million our legal fees are between £3,000.00 plus VAT - £5,000.00 plus VAT.
Once the scope of works is clear, we will provide a fixed price for completing the work.
These are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. These are additional to our fees and can include the following;
- Probate application fee of £155.00
- Bankruptcy search - £2.00 per beneficiary
- Post in the London Gazette (protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors) £50-150.00 plus VAT
- Post in a local newspaper (also helps to protect against unexpected claims) £50.00 - £150.00 plus VAT
- Additional copies of the Grant of Probate £0.50 each