In an uncertain economic climate, you need legal advice you can trust. Our experienced lawyers can advise on every stage of your business acquisition or disposal, from negotiation to execution. We are able to draft and advise on relevant agreements and ancillary documents whether for a share sale or business acquisition.
Business mergers, acquisitions and disposals form a core part of our corporate department. We advise on both straightforward and complex transactions for private limited companies and private individuals.
We can also advise on exit strategies, creating of parent or holding companies, mergers and group formations.
We take the time to understand our clients’ objectives in order to provide the best possible service. From the moment you instruct us, you will receive bespoke advice tailored just for you and the progression of your commercial strategy.
Our corporate solicitors’ expertise
Buying and selling businesses is complex. We combine legal knowledge with strategic commercial insight to provide a reliable service you can trust.
From small to medium enterprises to large regional and national corporations, we have a wealth of practical experience. Our expertise includes:
- Comprehensive advice on the process of buying or selling a business
- Advising on asset sales and purchases and share sale and purchases
- Cohesively meshing our legal advice with the input of other professional advisors, such as tax specialists and accountants
- Helping you structure the transaction to minimise tax liability and ensure a smooth and cost-effective transition for the business
- Conducting due diligence and handling disclosure on your behalf
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing all transactional documents, such as heads of agreement and sale and purchase agreements
- Assisting in foreign transactions
- Dealing with Companies House, Land Registry, and HMRC documentation, such as company registration, any Stamp Duty Tax Returns, and registration of real estate transactions
- Advising on post-completion and associated matters, including employment law issues such as TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings) and director service agreements.
We ensure that we apply the same high standards of care to each and every one of our clients’ cases, regardless of value or the complexity of the transaction.
Your case will be managed from beginning to end by a fully qualified corporate solicitor who has specialist experience in business acquisitions and disposals. Your solicitor will get to know your business objectives and ensure the transaction progresses as smoothly as possible. They will provide you with regular updates and if you have any questions or concerns, all you need to do is get in touch – we will always be happy to advise you.
Why choose Lewis Denley?
Lewis Denley is a progressive law firm based in Horsham, West Sussex. We reject the mainstream perception of the “traditional” law firm. We are trailblazers within the legal sector, dedicated to promoting reliability, integrity and innovation.
Our priority is to provide you with exceptional legal advice with a personal touch. We build strong, long-lasting relationships with our clients as we believe we can only deliver the best possible results for you if we understand the context in which your business operates.
Each member of our team is an expert in their field and we have decades of combined experience successfully handling business acquisitions and disposals on behalf of clients. We have a strong local presence and are dedicated to supporting our local community and local business owners; but we also handle highly complex transactions on behalf of regional, national, and international businesses, giving us a wealth of practical and transferrable expertise.